Frequently Asked Questions
Home > Juror Information
There are 37 questions available in this category.
- After a trial is over, am I finished or am I still on call?
- After receipt of the summons, when should I return the enclosed Jury Information form and Confidential Juror questionnaire?
- Are jurors given lunch breaks?
- Can I "apply" to be a juror?
- Can I be recalled for service in another month if I did not actually report for jury duty during the month I was summonsed for?
- Can I bring a cell phone, pager, or laptop into the courthouse?
- Can my employer fire me because I am serving as a federal juror?
- For what reasons can I request to be excused from jury duty?
- How can my family reach me in case of an emergency?
- How do I notify the court if jury service will result in undue hardship or extreme inconvenience?
- How long will I have to call in?
- How much time will it take until I know if I'm selected?
- How was I selected for jury duty?
- How will I be notified of the status of my hardship excuse request?
- How will I be notified of when I am to report for jury service?
- I live a long distance from the courthouse. Do I need to report?
- If I am selected, what are the hours I would be expected to spend at the courthouse?
- If I have to stay overnight in a hotel, how does that work?
- If I served on jury duty in Circuit Court, do I have to serve in Federal Court?
- If I work, do I still have to serve as a juror?
- In state court, government employees are excluded from jury service. Are we also excluded from jury service in federal courts?
- Is my employer obligated to pay regular salary even on jury duty days?
- May I be late?
- May I bring a friend or members of my family?
- May I leave the Jury Assembly Room or Courtroom?
- May I smoke?
- What happens if I don't report for jury duty?
- What if my employer wants proof that I was serving on jury duty?
- What is the difference between a petit jury and a grand jury?
- What kinds of cases are handled in Federal Court?
- What should I bring with me when I report for jury duty?
- Which law protects me in my employment while, or after, serving as a juror?
- Why do I have to call in so often?
- Why do we spend so much time sitting around before the actual selection process starts?
- Will I be paid for my jury service?
- Will I serve on civil or criminal trials?
- Will the court pay for my parking?
[ Search FAQ ]
Powered by CascadianFAQ-CF v4.0.