Frequently Asked Questions
PRIVACY ISSUES: Should sensitive information be included in any document filed with the court?
You should not include sensitive information in any document filed with the court unless such inclusion is necessary and relevant to the case.
You must remember that any personal information not otherwise protected will be made available over the Internet via CM/ECF and/or WebPACER. If sensitive information must be included, the following personal data identifiers must be partially redacted from the document, whether it is filed traditionally or electronically: Social Security numbers, financial account numbers, dates of birth, and the names of minor children. In addition, exercise caution when filing documents that contain the following:
- Personal identifying number, such as driver's license number;
- Medical records, treatment and diagnosis;
- Employment history;
- Individual financial information; and
- Proprietary or trade secret information.
- File an unredacted document under seal; or
- File a reference list under seal.
Please consult the privacy notice that has been posted to this web site for more information.
[ Search FAQ ]
Powered by CascadianFAQ-CF v4.0.