United States District Court, Northern District of Florida

Frequently Asked Questions

Home > Pro Se Case Information

What if I cannot pay the filing fee?

If you are unable to pay the filing fee when you submit your complaint or petition, you must file a motion requesting leave to proceed in forma pauperis, accompanied by a financial affidavit. You may request an in forma pauperis application from the Office of the Clerk of Court. The Judge assigned to your case will review your affidavit to determine whether your motion can be granted. If so, the Clerk will be directed to file your case without payment of the filing fee.

[ Search FAQ ]

Powered by CascadianFAQ-CF v4.0.

Accessibility | FAQs | Local Rules | Media Guidelines | Our Mission | Contact Us