United States District Court, Northern District of Florida

Frequently Asked Questions

Home > Juror Information

How do I notify the court if jury service will result in undue hardship or extreme inconvenience?

You should notify the court in writing. Be sure you include in your notice the reasons why you cannot serve, and indicate when you would be able to serve. You can send your request to the Jury Clerk by U.S. mail, fax, or email.

You may request to be excused from jury duty, either temporarily or permanently, if you meet at least one of the following criteria:

  • Over 70 years of age
  • Chronic physical problem (deafness, blindness, wheelchair bound, etc.)
  • Already served on federal jury within last 2 years
  • Volunteer emergency worker
  • Having custody of, and actively caring for, mentally or physically disabled person(s)
  • Physician, dentist, RN, or pharmacist who is the only professional in the geographical area
  • Sole proprietor of a business
  • Student
  • Actively caring for terminally ill parent(s)

[ Search FAQ ]

Powered by CascadianFAQ-CF v4.0.

Accessibility | FAQs | Local Rules | Media Guidelines | Our Mission | Contact Us