Frequently Asked Questions
For what reasons can I request to be excused from jury duty?
You may request to be excused from jury duty, either temporarily or permanently, if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Over 70 years of age
- Chronic physical problem (deafness, blindness, wheelchair bound, etc.)
- Already served on federal jury within last 2 years
- Volunteer emergency worker
- Having custody of, and actively caring for, mentally or physically disabled person(s)
- Physician, dentist, RN, or pharmacist who is the only professional in the geographical area
- Sole proprietor of a business
- Actively caring for terminally ill parent(s)
[ Search FAQ ]
Powered by CascadianFAQ-CF v4.0.