You are here

Your Employee Rights and How to Report Wrongful Conduct

Employment Dispute Resolution (EDR) Plan

Contact Information

Primary EDR Coordinator:
Andrea Zern
(850) 470-8140
Alternate EDR Coordinators:
Travis Green
(850) 521-5013
Tim Anderson
(850) 470-3076

Circuit Director of Workplace Relations:

Kate Adams
(404) 335-6538
National Office of Judicial Integrity:
Michael Henry, Judicial Integrity Officer
(202) 502-1603

Judicial Conduct and Disability

Congress has created a procedure that permits any person to file a complaint in the courts about the behavior of federal judges—but not about the decisions federal judges make in deciding cases. The Judicial Conduct and Disability Act of 1980 sets forth what may be complained about, who may be complained about, where to file a complaint, and how the complaint will be processed. Litigants who wish to file a complaint may do so using the Complaint Of Judicial Misconduct Or Disability Form AO-310.

Almost all complaints in recent years have been dismissed because they do not follow the law about such complaints. The law says that complaints about judges’ decisions and complaints with no evidence to support them must be dismissed. If you are a litigant in a case and believe the judge made a wrong decision—even a very wrong decision—you may not use this procedure to complain about the decision. An attorney can explain the rights you have as a litigant to seek review of a judicial decision.

The Judicial Conduct and Disability Act of 1980, 28 U.S.C. §§ 351-364
The Rules for Judicial-Conduct and Judicial-Disability Proceedings adopted by the Judicial Conference of the United States, with Eleventh Circuit Judicial Conduct and Disability Rules (March, 2019)
Complaint of Judicial Misconduct or Disability, Form AO-310